Base: Yangon or Remote until further notice
Project Period: 10 months with possibility of extension
Start Date: October, 2022
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
AEM-Parami English Language Initiative aims to provide English language courses for specific users, such as learners planning to study abroad, professionals working in vocational fields, and those working in international organizations. The program will also deliver these courses online to the targeted student populations, augmented with program activities accessible to the broader public.
Program Facilitator Job Summary
We are currently seeking five motivated, enthusiastic, and reliable Program Facilitators to join our AEM-Parami (English Language Initiative) Program team. The Facilitators need to be friendly and energetic, as well as have excellent demand of English fluency. They should enjoy working with students, have strong facilitation skills and foster an engaging education environment. This role is primarily responsible for supporting the lead program instructors in informal conversation classes that will be offered to the public in Myanmar.
These positions are on part-time basis working at 4 hours per week, which includes instruction hours and required meeting hours. These facilitators will spend 3 hours per week (Two 1.5 hours classes) in addition to facilitators meetings.
Program Facilitators represent AEM-Parami University and will be responsible for meeting university standards of professionalism.
Program Facilitator Duties and Responsibilities are as follow, but are not limited to:
- Creating a safe learning environment that empowers students to question and grow.
- Facilitating conversation classes that support students’ English language development.
- Collaborating with the AEM-Parami instruction team to design engaging curriculum for conversation classes.
- Supporting basic administrative tasks involved in facilitating courses
- Supporting public programming activities, including English conversation.
- Assist in relevant, miscellaneous duties, projects and activities when required.
Program Facilitator Requirements and Qualifications
- Pursuing college/university degree or equivalent experience working in language education or similar fields
- Familiarity working in a multicultural environment
- Exceptional communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Professionalism in working with students and colleagues
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to complete tasks alone with precision, and to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with experience using educational tech tools such as Google applications and zoom. Experience using Canvas or other LMS is desirable, but not required.
- Program Facilitators will report to the Program Instructors.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume or CV, dates of availability, and a list of three professional and/or academic references through this link. The application deadline has been extended to 26th September 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled.